Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Revelation

I was sitting at my desk last Friday, watching an episode of Felicity on my lunch break when I had a revelation about my novel. I was thinking about my character Ronnie and how I just haven't been happy with how her story is developing and the way she and Mark meet and why they would continue to talk to each other. This has bothered me from the very conception of these two characters. The whole idea of her wanting to "paint" him and him just opening up to her about his whole life always seemed so flimsy to me.

So, when this idea hit me the other day it was like solving a problem that has been bothering me for years. Totally invigorating! I felt more inspired than I have since starting this project.

Unfortunately, the timing of this revelation couldn't be worse. My boss has been out recovering from surgery so I have been doing her job as well as mine. As if that isn't enough, we have a new employee in Communications that I have been training. I can handle it at work, but I've been truly exhausted, drained, done by the time I get home at the end of the day. I was able to wrap up a couple of pressing projects last week so I am hoping the next week will be a little less hectic and I'll have the energy to do some work on "the novel" when I get home.

We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment