Thursday, October 8, 2009

Slacker

So I've been a total slacker the last few weeks, at least when it comes to "the novel." I have done little else but have little brainstorming sessions in the car while I'm driving to pick up my daughter from day care. I tell myself, very sensibly, that "the novel" will never get written if all I ever do is drive around thinking of writing "the novel." And yet, here we are with 578 days left and approximately zero words written. I go on to say, to myself, you set a writing schedule Kiley, now stick to it for once in your life!

So, starting next week, Tuesdays, Thursdays and at least one day on the weekend are "writing days," where I must spend at least an hour working on "the novel." It's not much, but, hey, it's a start!

In other news, I am halfway through reading Persuasion by Jane Austen for the first time. (I know, I know! I call myself a Jane Austenite and yet have never read Persuasion! Whatever.) I have to say that Captain Wentworth is giving Mr. Darcy a run for his money. Especially when he's portrayed by such lovely male specimens as Rupert Penry-Jones. Sigh...


No comments:

Post a Comment