Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Flow of Things

Days left: 555
Word count: 975

Even though we were on vacation last week (Oct. 22-26), I still managed to do a little writing (as evidenced by the increased word count above). I'm starting to get a feel for my characters and where they are at the beginning of the story and that is exciting. The best part of writing (other than being done) is when things start to flow, when the characters truly take on a life of their own and they start telling their own story (often far away from the story you sat down to tell). I can feel their world coming to life. I'm still not sure where they'll end up , but that's okay. There is definitely a theme emerging for this story, namely fear of change, fear of taking the next big step in life and how others can help us through those transitions (something I've dealt with a lot in my life).

I hear my daughter stirring from her morning nap so I better close for now. I leave you with this awesome Death Star jack o' lantern from break.com. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment