Sunday, October 11, 2009

Progress!

Days left: 575
Word count: 552

So I have finally written the first 552 words of "the novel." I was able to devote, not one, but three hours to writing yesterday and today. Yesterday, I spent most of the time fleshing out my two main characters, Mark and Ronnie. I'd done some work on Ronnie's character a few weeks ago, but I'd been wrestling with Mark.

In fact, I've been wrestling with Mark's character since college, since that night nine years ago that he first popped into my brain (all of which you can read about here). Yesterday, I had one of those magic writing moments where it all just flooded out and made sense, and I finally felt like I could get started on the storytelling part.

Now if I can just keep this momentum going...

No comments:

Post a Comment