Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Missing

Missing: One journal belonging to Kiley Annise Mallard. If found, please return to owner. Thanks.

I have been looking everywhere for my journal and cannot find it. I have looked under furniture, in all the closets, even in my car and my office (though why it would be there I have no idea). The only thing I can think is that I accidently packed it up with the Christmas decorations or threw it away with some old newspapers.

I am not so much worried about anyone reading it, as I am pretty much an open book. I'm more upset from a sentimental perspective. I started that journal while we were living in Michigan, the first year we were married, poured my loneliness into it for that year and a half. I wrote an entry in the hour after I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. My husband had to work that morning and I didn't want to tell him over the phone. But I also wanted him to be the first to know so turned to my journal to express my joy and excitement (and nervousness). I've worked out so many of my emotions in that journal. It is like a dear friend.

Hopefully it will turn up soon. I will keep you posted...

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope it turns up. A journal is a trusted friend. Where did you live in Michigan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Colleen. I hope it turns up soon. We lived in Saginaw, Michigan for a little less than 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh... not the most picturesque part of the state. Did you ever make it up to the northern part of the Lower Peninsula, Traverse City, Leelanlau, Petoskey or even across the Mighty Mac to the Upper Peninsula. Truly, that is God's country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the people in Saginaw were its best feature. All very nice. We did make it up to Traverse City for the Cherry Festival the first year we were there. SO beautiful. We never did make it to the Upper Peninsula or Mac, but maybe one day we'll go back for a vacation.

    ReplyDelete