Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Christmas Break Challenge, Day One

Days Left: 499
Words written: 1,678

The Christmas Break Challenge (which shall be referred to as CBC from now on) began today, and I am proud to say I far exceeded by 500 words-a-day goal, writing 713 words all in one sitting. Maybe it was pent up writing energy from the two months I've spend not writing.

Today's writing took me to an unexpected piece of backstory for two of my main characters, essentially showing how the two of them got together. All I'm going to say is that the song Lady in Red had something to do with it.

Your assignment? Go download that song and listen to it. Classic. That's what I'll be doing as soon as I post this. I've decided to start a playlist on my new iPod (Thanks, Dad!) that will be a sort of soundtrack for "the novel." Stuff I can go to for inspiration when I'm stuck.

'Til tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I just bought Chis de Burgh's Lady in Red on iTunes. How much should I set aside for the playlist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song, isn't it? I imagine songs will come to me piecemeal so I think you'll be okay. No saving account needed. ;-)

    ReplyDelete