Monday, December 28, 2009

The CBC, Day Three

Days left: 497
Word count: 2,767

I'm tired today. My daughter has had a cold for what feels like forever (really only three weeks) and was up at 3:30 a.m. coughing. Being a mom, this brought me fully awake and even after checking on her and tucking her back in, I had a hard time getting back to sleep.

With that said, I only wrote 601 words today, which met my 500 words-a-day goal, but were kinda off topic. Part of the reason for that is that I started on the story line for my second main character (Sharon/"Ronnie") today so I don't think I have as good a grip on her as I do on my other main character (Mark). I ended up going off on this long tangent about how she got started on this project she's working on and don't really know if I'll end up using any of it. I remember from my classes with Sheila Ortiz Taylor, however, that oftentimes you'll end up writing whole histories on your characters, most of which you will not use, but that are necessary to the writing of the story.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring a clearer focus on Ronnie. 'Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment