Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lazy Bum

Days left: 422
Words written: 4,568

A few weeks ago, I had one of those days where the words just flowed out of me and I wrote like a thousand words in just a couple of hours. It felt amazing!

That has not happened since, mainly due to lack of motivation on my part. I admit it. I have been a lazy bum, preferring to nap or watch a movie instead of working on "the novel" in the hour or two I get to myself on the weekend. Frankly, I am not even feeling that motivated today (hence why I am blogging and not writing).

Knowing myself though, I realize I will never really feel like writing. It's something I just have to make myself do. Usually, once I get going, I get into it and enjoy myself, but it's that initial push that feels so much like work.

Sigh.

I suppose that that is what I need to do this afternoon. Or tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment